I definitely thought I would get bored at home and have plenty of time to keep this blog up to date but that has not been the case. With house chores, playing with Ethan, going to the library, going to the zoo, play dates with friends, Early Childhood Family Education class on Thursdays, grocery shopping, working from home during naps and at night, Brandon's 30th birthday week, and now playing outside...my to do list seems to be getting longer instead of shorter.
Despite the busyness, I am loving being at home with Ethan during the week. Working 1 day in the office, 1 day from home and being a mom the rest of the time seems to be the perfect mix for me...and hopefully Brandon and Ethan too. It amazes me how upset I can be some mornings when Ethan wakes up between 4am and 5am but as soon as I go get him and he smiles or just stares at me with those big, brown, beautiful eyes, joy fills me up and I forget what time it is.
Here are photos and videos to tell the story of the past month or so.
.JPG) |
| Swimming for the first time - 2/25/12 |
 |
| I'm not sure how I felt about that. I think I prefer my little blue bathtub. |
.JPG) |
| Enjoying the 70 degree weather on Dad's Birthday |
|
 |
| Guess who is 30! |
Ethan spent his first night away from both Mom and Dad on Brandon's birthday. We sent him to Grandma and Grandpa Camp's, had a few friends over, played some ladder ball, had a bonfire and ate sloppy joes. It was such a good time I forgot to call and check up on Ethan. I think it worked out well and I wouldn't mind if it becomes something we do once a month if Grandma and Grandpa don't mind. ; )
.JPG) |
| Cabin time with Grandpa. |
.JPG) |
| I play on my tummy more now that I can roll. I have started sleeping on my tummy too. |
 |
| Dressed up and ready for church. I have been enjoying the nursery. |
 |
| Aunt Rayanne came to visit! |
Rayanne flew in from Boise a few weeks ago to help Brandon start his birthday week off right. I think he may have had 5 different celebrations over the course of the week. Ethan definitely enjoyed having his auntie around too!
Eating continues to be fun. Ethan likes to feed himself and has liked most everything he has eaten. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, apples, bananas, avocados, beans (took a few days) and barley cereal. Peas were discontinued after a few days because a rash flared up a bit. I think pears, chicken and mangoes are next in queue to test out. Even though he is using his right hand in this video, we are pretty sure he is left handed.
The latest milestone has been rolling from back to front. Ethan had done this a couple times over the past month but March 7th he rolled a couple times one evening and hasn't stopped. Another milestone...Ethan has his own phone since Brandon just upgraded to the iPhone. It is one of his favorite toys.
In the next few months we are looking forward to going to Iowa for Easter, spending a weekend at Camp Ojibway with the Hope Sr. High students, going to Nashville for Aunt Lesley's graduation from the nursing program at Belmont (I am flying alone with Ethan...eeek!) and spending some time with our good friends the Hess family at the cabin. Lots to look forward to and I am sure Ethan will surprise us everyday with the new things he learns.
Sorry this got a little long...Brandon can confirm I am not known for being concise.
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment