A few quick snapshots of Ethan these days. Sorry if this gets a little long but this blog doubles as my journal.
A whole new world has opened up for both myself and Ethan now that he can walk. Since crawling wasn't a great mode of transportation for him, he needed a lot of help from me to do what he wanted to do. Now that he can walk around, go where he wants to go and play with what he wants to play with, he is a much happier buddy...when he can stay on his feet. In one week Ethan fell multiple times and had at least 4 bruises on his forehead, a bloody lip, scraped knuckles from falling on the sidewalk while holding sticks. He then closed the toilet seat on one of those knuckles. He catches himself for most falls and just says "bah" ('bonk').
He signs 'milk', 'more', 'food', and 'water'. Though he doesnt always seem to want what he is asking for. His spoken vocabulary is increasing as well. Besides mama and dada, he says...
"do" - 'door'
"duh" - 'duck'
"dah" - 'dog' & 'down' & 'cat'
"bah" - 'ball'
"pah" - 'up'
"tahh" - 'hot'
"mah" - 'Amen'
"bduh bduh" - 'manamana' (a song by the Muppets)
"e i e i" - "E I E I O" when we sing Old McDonald
"mmm ma" - 'Oma'
"nanna" - 'Nanna' & 'banana'
"pop pop" - 'Grandpa' & 'G-Pop'
rolls his lips - 'car', 'truck', and anything else with wheels
Ethan has started to get more cuddly and affectionate within the last month. He gives a lot of hugs and kisses, blows kisses and puts his head on our shoulders. In the evening after bath time, he will 'tackle' us and just randomly stop what he is doing to give us a hug. He also cuddles with Doidey duck when he goes to bed. It is pretty cute except I need to keep my eye on him and who he shares his affection with. At the library about a month ago, I was looking for books while Ethan was playing with a two year old girl that was pretty interested in the 'baby'. I looked over to check on Ethan and the two are giving each other a kiss...open mouth...on the lips! He also kisses Emily Elizabeth when we read Clifford books.
I've been pretty impressed with Ethan's motor skills. He likes to put things into holes, specifically leaves into the adirondack chair screw holes. He likes to hide and peek around corners, bring me books to read, plop down on his butt like he wants me to read it but stand up and walk away before I can finish the first sentence. He holds the phone up to his ear and says 'ahhahh'. My favorite thing he does right now is making his fish face! Or maybe it is when he dances by bouncing up and down or shaking his head from side to side. Sometimes he tries to snap too. I think I could go on forever about every little cute thing he does. It is so fun to watch him learn, play and explore.
Mostly happy times in the Camp house with the exception of when we try to brush Ethan's teeth, put his diaper and pajamas on at the end of naked time in the evenings, put on the super cute Puma shoes I got him for his birthday but already gave him or cut his nails.
Sorry no pictures with this post. I need to go to bed and I'm not doing very well with taking pictures...I'll get a smartphone soon and do better. There will for sure be pictures of his birthday that we are celebrating this weekend.
Hoping you all have similar opportunities to enjoy little joys in your life as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment