Sunday, March 27, 2011

Halfway There

On Friday we officially hit the 20 week mark. My belly is sticking out more, the baby is the size of a banana from head to toe, I am pretty sure I am feeling it move, we had our 20 week ultrasound and the baby got to meet Uncle Cool, Auntie Awesome, Oso and Hydro in Idaho. Very eventful week!

I must have just eaten...this looks bigger than normal.

The ultrasound went well and again was absolutely amazing. I know by using a birth center we are trying to avoid using unnecessary technology but this is the coolest technology ever!! So we requested a referral from our midwife. The baby was pretty active again during the ultrasound which was fun to see. The technician said everything was looking good and we are still on track for an August 12th due date.


I have never seen such a cute foot!

This week I also became much more aware of how what I am putting into my body may affect our little one. Food is one thing and eating a more organic diet while in Idaho got me worrying about how many preservatives or other chemicals are in the foods I normally eat. But I also watched a terrible movie, The Town, that I would never have wanted our child to watch. I had a pillow over my stomach most of the movie since there was so much shooting, swearing and yelling. I can not see how that movie contributed anything positive to this world. This week was an eye opener for me as to how almost everything I do will impact another life more directly than ever going forward.

Related to this, I was at mom and dad's this weekend looking through the things mom had saved from my school days. I had a million ribbons, very nice comments on my report cards and nice notes from classmates. That was positive input that has made me in to the confident and joyful person I am today. I hope the world continues to be that encouraging as our baby grows up.

Brandon is hard at work selling things from mom and dad's on craigslist as they clean out their place and get it ready to put on the market. The best find so far is a plastic Beatle-ist guitar my mom got when she was 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment