Week 17...Brandon has been trying to recall children's songs he can sing to the baby, Dad delivered the changing table they have had since I was born, my tummy is starting to pop out, the pants are getting tight and I am still wanting to sleep all the time. I guess baby is the size of a turnip this week. Here is the website so you can track along with us how big the baby is http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size?slideNumber=15 .
Lesley is on spring break this week so we were at the cabin with her this weekend. It was a nice sunny weekend to go snowshoeing (yes because we still have snow and I think there is more to come this week), watch movies, play games, look through the book of baby names with the family and ignore all of the work I brought up to do for the weekend. Lesley had her stethoscope so we also tried to listen to the baby for a long time. Not sure if we heard it...just like I am not sure if I can feel it or if it is just digestion. I was also able to get a number of naps in which were much needed with the busy week I had at work. On Monday the auditors called and said they were coming on Wednesday which I was not exactly ready for. It went as smooth as I think it could have for my first year but I was exhausted after running all over the place to get them what they needed and answering all of their questions. Dad, Brandon and I made it back from the cabin just in time for my small group and the Well which was so good for my soul. This is one of my favorite songs from the night - How He Loves by David Crowder.
This week mom and Lesley are coming to my appointment at the birthing center, we are going to go look at mom and dad's new condo, dinner with the Bowman and Camp families, and somewhere in there I need to get some new clothes that fit. Thinking about all that makes me excited but very tired...what else is new.
Fellow future home baby-proofer: a co-worker gifted me exactly 108 plastic electrical outlet covers today. (Three 36-count unopened packages from Target.) They must have overestimated with their baby-proofing efforts. I'm pretty sure I can only use about 20 of them! Want 36??
ReplyDelete