Sunday, May 15, 2011

Less than 3 months to go

I am not sure where the second trimester went. I've been told by more than one mom that I will be saying something similar for the rest of our child's life - 'where did the time go'.

The last few weeks have been busy and filled with fun times:
-We spent Mothers Day weekend in Raleigh with the Bowman side of the family celebrating cousin Ben's graduation, Lesley's birthday, Mother's Day and there was even a surprise baby shower. Thank you to Uncle Mike and Laura for hosting the whole family!



Brandon makes a new friend - Brooklyn.


4 generations @ Baby Camp's shower


-We spent a couple days with our friends, the Maas', while our hardwood floors were refinished. Thank you Maas family for being wonderful hosts. Now we need to recruit some muscles to help put our furniture back.
Brandon shares his love for his iTouch with Isabelle & Mallory
-We enjoyed attending Justin & Anne's wedding last night and catching up with friends. I am disappointed to say that my days of closing down the dance floor might be over - or at least suspended for a while.

-We have started our 4 week birthing class. I continue to be amazed at this process of new life and that my physical body is just going to know what to do when our baby is ready to be born. The mental side is a different story - but that is why we are taking the class. We spend a lot of time talking about how Brandon will be able to support me through labor. In stressful times, he always seems to know what I need better than I do so it is comforting to know he will be there. Brandon is enjoying it as well - he feels more prepared for the long day or days ahead of us. However, he doesn't care to see anymore videos about water births.  

- I'm not sure what Baby Camp has been up to over the last week or so. He/she seems to be sleeping more (of course...just when I want him/her to show off for the family). I still am feeling movement but much less and the kicks are not as strong. We are trying not to be too worried as this sounds pretty normal but I did call our midwife yesterday just to be sure.

-Spring has finally arrived in Minnesota - we have had some warm days and plenty of rain lately. Brandon has been working on our yard  to try to get it in better shape this year. Maybe I should go help...

No comments:

Post a Comment