Sunday, June 12, 2011

Brandon finally posts

Hey friends and family,

I can't believe that we are 7 months pregnant! :-) Really the last couple months have just flown by. But since you've heard all about that from Lynn, let me share with you the father-to-be's side of things.

First off, I have learned a lot of patience and dependence on God already and I'm sure there is more to come. It's a little harder as the dad because I don't have the baby in me, so it's harder to know what is happening. Don't get me wrong I am very happy that Lynn and baby get this time together and she definitely gets the harder task but she does get to bring our baby to work with her everyday and "gets" to feel every kick. The fun thing about that though is that since baby wakes up when mom goes to sleep, and i go to sleep after Lynn, when i come bed i get a little daddy-baby time all to myself. Last night i think we were playing ninja and punching bag (no i was not the ninja).

Also, not that i am surprised but Lynn is definitely the most beautiful pregnant lady I have ever seen. And so far she still likes all the food i cook, never seems to have any weird cravings (just a stronger desire for ice cream, but i thinks it's just an excuse) and best of all she finds me funnier now that she is pregnant. Who knew that pregnancy also elevated your sense of humor?

Finally I just need to say that I have been looking forward to being a father since high school. No kidding. Maybe a little weird for a dude to think about but I have always loved babies and kids and couldn't wait to have my own. And as we move closer to becoming parents i couldn't have dreamed of having a better partner. I guess there is more to becoming a parent than just playing with babies for a couple mins and handing them back over to someone else to take care of them. And since I'm more of a go with the flow guy, it helps a lot to have a planner at my side.

The only other thing i have to share is a picture of Lynn at her 7 month pregnant best. She had just got home from a long day of work and as i went down the stairs I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share this with all of you. (posted with lynn's perrmission, although it took her awhile to come around)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha, LOVE the pic, Lynn!! And in a few more months, Brandon can take the same pic of you passing out from tiredness on the bed with a baby sleeping next to you (or in his/her crib!)

    ReplyDelete