Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's Finally Summer!

I am not sure if things are getting busier or I am getting lazier. Either way, my apologies for not posting more.

The past few weeks have brought many fun times and have seen my pace slow down significantly.

Last weekend Brandon and I celebrated our 6th anniversary at a fantastic party hosted by Brandon's old neighbor (it was actually her wedding but still a fun way to spend the day). I can't tell you how wonderful those 6 years have been.
My anniversary gift - a lounge chair for 'do nothing days'!
Will there be many more of those?

Brandon officiating Nick and Brette's wedding.
I was a little too tired to go to fireworks at 10pm on a work night this year but we had a nice afternoon and evening with Kate and Joseph on the 4th. Couldn't have asked for a better holiday weekend.

This weekend, Brandon and I headed to the North Shore for a final weekend getaway. We stayed just north of Two Harbors and enjoyed a weekend of relaxing and taking in the beautiful scenery. This is definitely an area that I would like to visit regularly, especially when the state parks are open (once our state government can learn about compromise) and I can walk or bike a little more. But just spending most of a weekend anywhere within one foot of Brandon is a treat and a guaranteed good time.

Enjoying Lake Superior at 35 weeks.
Gooseberry Falls

50 degrees is the perfect temp for a picnic on the beach.

So many other fun things to note from the past two weeks: Brandon has been golfing with the dads, Twins game with Ben and Jennie, swimming at Mom and Dad's new condo, more prenatal yoga and Brandon's home run!

We have officially completed all of our parenting classes, the most recent of which were Handling Complications and Early Home Care. You would think I came away feeling more prepared but my expectations of learning everything a new mom needs to know were not met. Looks like I will be learning how to change a diaper, how to burp a baby, how to swaddle, and all the do's and don'ts with newborns on the job. I am very thankful for all the friends and family that will be able to help us figure things out.

Finally, I will leave you with the top 5 reasons I know the baby is due soon:
1) I think an extra second about whether its worth it to bend over and pick up what I just dropped.
2) I have set aside the pride and always accept a helping hand to stand up or sit up.
3) I almost took Brandon up on his offer to paint my toenails.
4) Most nights I move to the couch after my 3am bathroom visit in hopes that I will be more comfortable and sleep for a few more hours.
5) Carpal tunnel is bad enough that I had to ask a co-worker to open a jar with my lunch in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment