We celebrated Christmas in Minnesota this year. Lesley and Billy (my sister and brother-in-law) were in town and got to spend some good time with Ethan while I worked. Lesley was definitely a natural with him. Man that kid has some great aunties...I'm trying to figure out how he can see them more often.
Here are a few pictures from Christmas Eve.
My post from January 14th, 2011 stated that 2011 was going to be a great year. It was! Time with family and friends, pregnancy, work, the birth of Ethan, trips, the expected and the unexpected, adventures, do-nothing-days - I wouldn't change a minute.
New Years was pretty low key this year. I had surgery on my belly button hernia on the 30th so I am spent a lot of time on the couch with Netflix. We are definitely getting our $8 worth this month. I mainly covered the 'Romantic Movie' and 'Documentary' sections. I'm getting pretty fired up from the documentaries I've watched so far (Waiting for Superman, Food Inc., Dive!:Living Off America's Waste, Forks Over Knives). It starts out as depression over all the problems in the US, then turns to excitement to be a part of the solution to those problems, which then leads to being overwhelmed and not knowing where to begin. As I watch these, I am hopeful that in Ethan's lifetime he will see changes (and be part of those changes) for the better to education, eating habits, how we care for the environment and world peace. Uh oh - now I sound like a pageant contestant.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!
No comments:
Post a Comment