Friday, February 3, 2012

We survived!

Ethan had his first cold last week. I was beginning to think he and I were invincible. I hadn't had a cold in over a year even though Brandon has brought home many. It sure was tough to watch the little guy all stuffed up. We tried to help suck the snot out with the bulb and some saline solution but that made him mad and sound off his fire alarm cry. He and I are both better now and happy that no fever or ear infection accompanied this cold.


This week Ethan has been a pretty happy guy. I am not sure if it is because his mom has officially started the part time schedule we have been working toward (one day in the office and another 8 hours from home). Or if it is because it has been warm enough outside to go for a walk every day this week. We discovered that the grocery store, bank and library are only about a 25 minute walk from our house. Or it could be because he thought the uncontainable poop he was storing up all week was going to be funny to watch mom try to handle on her own. Ethan had a mid-day bath today as a result. Whatever it was, I am really enjoying the time I get to spend with Ethan, especially when he is happy. Being a mom is not a cake walk (especially with all of the 5am mornings this week), but it is the greatest job in the world.

Next week Ethan will be 6 months old and will venture into the world of solid foods. We will make sure to get that on video for everyone.

I'll leave you with one funny story. It has been a huge blessing to have been able to borrow all of our friend Melissa's cloth diapers. We laugh though because a lot of them are pink and purple since Melissa has 5 girls and no boys. (Don't worry, Ethan says he is man enough to handle it.) I bought a few more diaper covers online recently and was excited that we would have some blue diapers for Ethan. They came in the mail last week and are PINK! Turns out that the color 'Cosmos' is not blue like the picture shown online of the selection I put in my 'shopping cart'. I emailed the company but these were covers that were on sale and I can't return them. Sorry Ethan...Momma tried.

1 comment:

  1. I spy a chipmunk! I love that Ethan gets to play with it. :)

    I'm so glad that the diapers are working for you, even if they are pink. Viv is wearing only pull-ups now so we should meet up and I can stock you up with some bigger stuff. I even have manly colors like blue, green, and orange!

    ReplyDelete