Thursday, July 24, 2014

One month old


I know everyone always says this but I can't believe a month has flown by already. That said, our days at the hospital feel like a long time ago. Our little guy is still pretty little but weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz at his checkup on the 22nd (that over is 2 lbs more than he weighed at birth).

We are still getting to know each other but here is what we have learned so far...
-Logan prefers to nap in a wrap or sling. I have stopped trying to lay him down for naps. We are going to work on sleeping in the crib at night first. The past two nights he has slept soundly in his crib from 10:00 - 3:30 without waking up so we are having some success there. I also need to work on sleeping - Logan's noises, my busy brain and the expectation that he will wake up any moment has been keeping me up. 
-He is extremely uncomfortable when he has a wet diaper and will make sure everyone knows about it until it has been changed. He also prefers to poop in clean diapers so we have gone through our fair share. Thankfully his belly button scab finally came off yesterday so we can use cloth diapers more. 
-He likes to be outside as he often calms down instantly when you walk out the door.
-Sometimes dishes clinking together wake him up - hence the pile of dishes that always seems to be by the sink. Yet the airplanes and Ethan's yelling don't bother him. 

The Grandmas are getting to know him too so they are ready to take over when I go back to work in 2 months. 
 
Ethan has been doing pretty well with the transition though there have been a number of melt downs for ridiculous reasons (probably due to being an almost 3 year old - or 2 and 11/12 as he likes to tell people - as well as the transition). One event led to quite a show for the neighborhood to listen to. I suppose that is something every parent of a 3 year old experiences. I am learning that if we have an activity in the morning that gets us out of the house and if I choose my battles carefully, we do pretty well. Nap time is a thing of the past as of this week for Ethan but he has taken well to quiet time. Today was my lucky day - he did nap...in his pillow case...with the pillow in it...in case he fell in the water. Though quite a challenge at times, Ethan provides so many smiles and laughs. The other day while he was thinking about how to answer a question he told us it was 'downloading in his brain'.
Sharing snack with friends from school that we
meet up with at a park on Fridays. 


Logan (top) on FaceTime with cousin
Ella (bottom).
We are all doing really well. Logan is getting good reports from all of his appointments - no effects from the stroke have been identified. Brandon and I are doing well and getting decent amounts of sleep. Ethan has transitioned relatively well. Thanks again for all of your encouragement, thoughts and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment