Fewer visitors and less testing today. The brain doctor, blood doctor and occupational therapist all had good reports today. And the best news is that we had some success with nursing today. It is a slow learning process but Logan now gets the idea and just needs to work on nursing for more than a couple minutes so he doesn't need a feeding tube to get 2/3 of his meal. He tends to get sleepy or loose interest quickly.
Tomorrow the IV will be taken out of his belly button and he will be put in a normal crib. Once they are confident Logan can regulate his own body temperature, is continuing to gain weight and can get a full meal in on his own I think we will start discussing discharge.
Brandon and I are getting more antsy to go home. We know the day is drawing near as Logan is constantly making progress but having our family separated, figuring out logistics everyday, lack of sleep and spending so much time in a dark room is wearing on us. We continue to be thankful for all of the support from our parents, friends and family. I have not been too responsive on an individual basis but please know I read every text, listen to every voicemail, look at all the likes and comments on Facebook and feel blanketed in prayer.
| We broke the NICU rules and both grandmas have gotten to hold Logan. I think he likes them but has no idea how blessed he is yet to have them. |
![]() |
| Have you met Logan's cousin Ella yet? She was born on June 13th! |
Lynn

No comments:
Post a Comment