Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The way it should be

Though the timeline got pushed back a bit today, I was able to hold my baby again today around 8:30pm. Feeling like I was going on a first date, not knowing what to wear or if Logan would like me, I was a bit nervous all day. But he seemed to know as much as I did that being held by his momma is the way it should be. He was a little upset when he came back from the MRI but settled down once we talked, took a pacifier and eventually was given to me... he has been calm ever since.
We FaceTimed with Brandon and Ethan when I first got to hold Logan.
Can you see Logan's little mullet? Not much hair on top but thicker and
longer around the sides and back.  (-:
Logan was awake and just cuddled with me for a bit and then he started looking for some food. I have to wait until the morning to nurse so a speech pathologist can listen in to ensure he is swallowing correctly. But Logan has now had three meals via a tube through his nose and seems to be doing ok with it. While another blood transfusion was given to him, I changed his diaper and cut his finger nails...funny how I will not take those occasions for granted as much going forward. We cuddled for another hour and a half after the transfusion and both drifted off to sleep. Now he is sleeping soundly in his warm bed and I have been trying to do the same.

Praise again for everything going so well today. Prayers for nursing tomorrow, good MRI results which we will find out in the morning and some rest for mom. Doctors are skeptical about how long it will take him to learn how to nurse-I'm optimistic but am trying to manage my expectations better and not expect to go home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment