Saturday, February 5, 2011

13 weeks!

We are almost done with the first trimester! Since the riskiest period of pregnancy is behind us we are excited to tell the world our news. So I figured I should answer a few general questions via the blog so we can just get  those out of the way and taken care of. I think some of these may be in previous posts but lets just put them all in one place.

When are we due? August 12th, though I think that might be a little early.
Are we going to find out the gender? Nope - Brandon has the stronger opinion on this one and I think the surprise will be fun. One benefit to this is that I am kind of overwhelmed with the thought of all the baby things we are going to get and this will be one thing to limit the purchases...for while anyways.
Have I felt sick at all? Nope - its been pretty amazing and I consider myself pretty lucky. Some food doesn't sound that appetizing sometimes, but I still eat everything.
Any cravings? Not that I have noticed. I just am able to justify frequent bowls of ice cream a lot easier.
Are our parents excited? Super excited - it is the first grandchild on both sides. But I know they are anxious to start talking to people about it since it doesn't feel quite real yet.
Am I showing yet? A little - but it is not that noticeable. The other night I felt huge after dinner...
This is what I looked like...
but this is what I felt like.













On a different note - my friend Annalee and I took our husbands on a surprise date last night. Dinner, rodeo and the night in downtown St. Paul. It was a super fun date night...Brandon is a pretty great guy to hang out with. This turned out to be a much better surprise than his flop of a 21st birthday party I tried to throw. I am happy to know the grandparents are near by so we will be able to do this again even with our new addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment