Wow! I can't tell you how overwhelmed we both are by all of the encouragement we've received from friends and family since we shared the news. This is one blessed baby that is coming in to the world surrounded by so much love. I definitely know what my friend Sara meant now by being so full of love that you want to share it with a new family member. Thank you all for contributing to the beautiful world we are bringing this baby into.
I am not trying to brag, but I just want to document Valentines Day events for future reference since I have a poor memory. We are not that big on Valentines Day so I definitely didn't plan anything except just to spend Friday night with Brandon (not Monday because he had to bowl). Friday I came home to an immaculate house, alcohol free wine, flowers (w/ 3 roses), cookies and an awesome dinner. Oh and it was a nice day so we went on a walk. On Valentines Day I came home to macaroni and cheese (yep, that is still one of my favorite meals) and a bath all set up by Brandon before he had to leave for bowling. I was in bed by 8:00. Best Valentines Day for a pregnant, introverted girl ever. Thanks love...sometimes you know me better than I know myself!
I warned you...this was going to be a sappy post....there is more. I have been having a really hard time imagining having a boy. Not sure why, maybe just because I have one sister. I don't think I have a preference what we have, I'm just not sure what I will do with a boy. However, last week, I decided it would be really great if we had a boy because he would have such a great role model in Brandon to look up to. I seriously do not know how I ended up with such an amazing husband and father of our child. My judgement at the age of 21 couldn't have been that great, could it? No, pretty sure all the glory goes to the Lord.
I'll end with a story about how what I hope is pregnancy related absent mindedness is affecting me. Friday after getting home from work I set my keys down somewhere. I couldn't find them the next day at all. We looked everywhere for them and even went through our trash. We had to go get copies of house keys made because we have given so many away we only had Brandon's left. I was starting to try to figure out how to tell mom, dad and work....afraid they would want to get their locks changed. However, Tuesday morning, I found them in my sock drawer! That seems like a good place for keys.
I know the feeling about having a boy all too well. It's not like either of us have a lot of experience with little boys with having only sisters and an all girls Kids Club. You'll be the perfect mom to whatever baby you've got. :)
ReplyDelete